Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Warmer Wednesday

Spring break week always goes by quickly.  However, this year we started earlier than in the past (same day, but early morning) so we made a long stop over in Savannah.  That was posted already, but saying it again to reiterate our vacation was stretched out.  To make it even better, we are extending it a week.  So, although I will miss being home (there is no place like it!), I do love the thought....tomorrow isn't the last full day on the beach.  

Today, Clyde got my towel down around 8:30 and I took my time getting out...which is usual.  It was warmer today than previously this week, so we didn't really "lay out" long.  We had two good walks today, went down to Breaker's to eat (shared a burger:) and I found a really cute jacket on sale!  I love the shops along Flagler Street and try to walk in them once during the week.

Tonight we ate at the Boston Fish House (I believe the name) that is very close to our resort.  You can only get the fish platter all fried or not.  I wanted the shrimp & scallops grilled, fish fried but it was too big for one, so again, we shared (I cannot eat that much and get into anything I own)....so, all fried.  We came back and walked, very leisurely, down the street out front of our resort.  Here are today's pics:
 Breaker's is a place we walk to from our place.  We did that earlier this morning, but for lunch, we drove:)  We had packages to carry back.
 Boston Fish House....this is a platter for one!  Plenty for two!
 Sitting outside on the patio eating supper, there was the biggest, red headed woodpecker.


 Took several different shots, but nothing that showed him well.  I didn't get up from the table knowing I might make him fly away.  Plus, I don't have a great camera...even a good one.  
 I am always looking for great color combos.
 On our walk after supper, the sky and beach colors were so nice.

It was the perfect ending for our day.  Hope yours was a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment