Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter & My Birthday

Coming back from spring break on Saturday we hit the road running.  We shopped for groceries, and I made the broccoli casserole that evening.  I made a pan of brownies and washed two packages of strawberries.  I covered them and put them back in the fridge. I made a pasta salad using bowtie pasta, strawberries, mandarin oranges, mixed with a dressing of Poppy Seed dressing & mayonnaise.  Sunday morning, Easter day, we melted the chocolate and Clyde dipped the berries while I finished dressing.  I iced the brownies......Jason came and we walked to church.  Great service, home again, to get it all together and on the road to Vernon & Sue's house in Stamping Ground.  The weather was great and we enjoyed a very quiet afternoon together.  They open their home and are so hospitable.  The guys (and Erin) went out to target practice, some played corn hole while most of us just sat and chatted.  We missed Becky's family that stopped at the Biltmore on their way home from Spring Break.
Me and my favorite son.  Love him so much!

Sweet Erin and her dad, Harley.  Youngest brother of the family.

Granny (MIL) was able to join us after being in the hospital recently.  She is loved and respected so much by her children, grandchildren and family.
Erin is in nursing school at UK.  I watched her start school at Clays Mill and loved having her in Computer Lab.  She came each day after school to help me before she walked down to after school program.  Love her still!

We eat out on Tuesdays at El Chico most weeks.  For my birthday, I chose there for the family.  It is low keyed, not busy, good, plentiful food and I love the service we get from Victor:)  Missing is both Jason's....both working.  So glad Martha, mom & Kent joined us.  That made my day!
Mom, my sister, Martha, me & Becky.

Ma maw and Maggie (85 & 4)
This was the night before my birthday. Clyde and I went to the movies on Wed. (actual BD) and tomorrow night, Friday, we are going to Outback with BFF's. 

There is nothing better than going to school on your birthday.  My co-worker, Beth, had bus duty.  As the kiddos were coming in to school, she would tell them it was my BD.  They came in droves to say "happy birthday Mrs. Baker!"  I kept wondering "how do they know?"....ha!  She's a sly one.
Alyssa, made me muffins (thanks friend), Erica, Beth & April all got me a couple of funny cards.  They are the best!  My friend, Joyce, got me a UK bracelet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment