Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring Break 2012

This is Monday night of spring break week.  I actually make it through each school year, knowing I have spring break coming! I save my personal day (1 of them) to use the Friday before our week off.  Then as soon as we can get away on Thursday, we hit the road. 
I really love the school kids and really love my co-workers, so school is cool.  However, I sure do love New Smyrna Beach.  The Islander Resort is great.  We truly love this place and thank God that the Waggoners introduced us years ago.  They unselfishly brought us along and we shared their condo.  Then a few years back, we bought our own unit.  There are so many activities for the kids that it makes this a family friendly place.
It is near enough Daytona that we can go over for Bubba Gumps and our long time favorite, Aunt Catfish'.  We love Aunt Catfish'!  They have an awesome hot bar that includes baked beans, cornbread squares, cheesy grits, fried apples, and coleslaw.  A HUGE salad bar that comes with all meals and to end the meal, a sweet roll!  Yummo.
Here are a few pics:
Check out Matthew's newest lost tooth!  Front and center.  This is our first bingo of the week.  We played again today.  Our table has not been lucky:(

Coming back the first day out on the beach.
There is a small play area but honestly the kids love it....and what a view!

Coming back from supper this is a view from our condo.

Becky's family was out having Stavro's (another favorite) at our condo when we got back from our supper.  We ate at New Smyrna Steak House....another place on our agenda.  Good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment