Monday, March 5, 2012

Snow Day Photos & a Trip Down Memory Lane

It is March 5, 2012, and our first of this year snow day!  It is beautiful outside and from all the pics on Facebook the kids are having a blast.  Getting to use those sleds for the first time.  Making snow angels, snowmen, so fun.  Hope their moms have lots of hot chocolate for them when they go in. 

As I see pictures from Becky of my grandbabies, I can't help but remember days long gone.  When I bundled up my two for a few hours of snow play.  We had a driveway that went down a slope (not too steep) and around to the grassy area of the backyard.  As young kids, they started in the back where the driveway was ending...a nice slope.  Then gradually they got braver (or I did) and they rode a little longer down the hill.  Many snow angels & snowmen.  I tried to warm towels or blankets for them and met them at the backdoor.  Off with all the wet clothes!  Warm chocolate to follow.  Yum!  Memories.

Then we moved on to a one story ranch, but they were older and able to go play with neighbors.  Also, many a time their dad (and me:) would take them to Stonewall hill.  We, also, went through the years taking them snowskiing at Paoli Peaks or a few times at General Butler when the slopes were opened there.  Not many trips, but enough we had our own skis and enjoyed it a lot.

Today, it is very quiet here and I love looking out back....going out to take a few photos and feed the birds.  Much different than then, but I love it still.  I remember a time I felt sorry for people who's children had grown up....I still love having them here.  But I do love this time of my life as well.  I'm sure later today, I will be bundling up to go to moms to play rummy!  I go on M, W, and F when I can and she would not like it if I missed today!

This was taken today (of course, there's snow!)



Snow is heavy on the branches, but so pretty.


Love using the backyard for playing, riding bikes, croquet, entertaining, but today it is nice untouched!

No comments:

Post a Comment