Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mother

Well, mom is 85 and in good health for her age.  She has problems with her back (pain) and walks slowly these days.  She just ordered her first walker, dad had one but after he passed they didn't have it any longer.  So, she knew she was getting more wobbly and not wanting to fall, she got one.  I haven't seen her use it, and don't believe she has, but the time is coming quickly.  Her mind is sharp....she beat Kent and I in Rummy today:)  Her hearing is good, getting some vision problems, as far as reading is concerned, but still seems to see fairly well (at least at cards:)

Saying all that to say this....she has been giving "things" or her possessions away since daddy died (1 1/2 years ago).  Money, her precious books:), pictures, Precious Moments (she has given more than a few away), and today she told me to pick out a basket for myself and one for Becky.  There were many, most Martha has given her and a few she has bought at craft fairs (handwoven).  There were two really BIG ones......she had purchased these, so I opted for a couple Martha wove.  I will include a photo. 

She also gave me a print that we gave to her some years back.  It is a Doug Prather one that we have and Becky has, so this one she wanted Jason to have.  I wish she had waited until she passed, but she insisted I take it today.  She had Kent take it from the wall.....the wall looked blank, but she put up another picture in it's place....a smaller one. 

It's late tonight and my back is screaming, but I wanted to get these thoughts down.  Mom, we love you, thank you, and you are our example of love.

p.s.  I just checked out the pics Kent took with my iphone and they are blurry.  I will add a pic later of the baskets.

At this point, I will write about keeping the boys.  Becky is at a conference in Louisville, and Jason is working out of town all week.  So MJ is in London, boys here.  After school today, pap took them for haircuts, then met me at Shillitos.  Tricia called to ask if we wanted to meet she & Kelli (with boys) there.  We did and my boys played for a good hour or more.  They played tag with a friend from Matthew's class and a couple of girls from CME.  They had a BLAST.  They were so good to leave, although they wanted to stay.  So proud of them.

Came home and they had time to play bball with pap while I fixed supper.  They ate well, started spelling homework & reading.  Bathtime, teeth brush, & in bed with a book.  Love them so much.  Tomorrow is a field trip. 

Austin got a little teary when he talked to his mom (just like his mom does when she talks to us when she is away:) but he cleared up nicely.  Matthew said tonight "I am happy here"....funny!  So glad!
Sporting their new haircuts.

Looked cute when they were playing tag....loved this shot, but sun made it too bright. 


Big boy!


Sweet Cameron!  He is such a good boy.  What a doll.  I didn't get a photo of Colby.  Not easy getting these four boys in one spot at one time!

No comments:

Post a Comment