Saturday, March 6, 2010

Weekend is here!


Saturday is here again so time for an update to my blog (thanks Shawna for the reminder!) I haven't been taking many pictures so I hesitate to write much w/o pictures to back up the words :)
Last night was low keyed but enjoyable. Thank goodness I have friends that take the time to call around and make arrangements for a group of us to KIT. We normally eat too much, spend too much and wind up back at someone's house for dessert. Not this time....we met and ate very large (extra!), very meaty, very veggie pizzas at Sir Pizza. There is a new one on South Broadway that we went to. SP has always been our favorite pizza place. So yummy! (that's Alyssa's word) After eating, some of us went back to Susan Wiley's house to see her new window treatments. Great job Susan Walton in making them....they look great!
Saturday brought the annual STEM Fair (formally Technology Fair) at Bryan Station High. I got on the road before 8 and got home about 1. It was a long morning, but I am glad to do it and glad it's over! Our project this year was in the category of Community Service. At school we made 70+ mouse pads of many different nature and horse themes. They really turned out nice. We charged $5.00 for each and the entire amount (total $330) will go to Food for the Hungry to be used for the victims in Haiti. This week we got in more supplies (pads & transfer paper) and made 50+ more to take today. We sold these for the same $5.00 and designated the money to go half to Hospice of the Bluegrass and we are keeping half for toner (which we are now OUT of). That will be $50.00 to Hospice and $50 for new supplies.
Speaking of Hospice, I will download a picture of a basket that I put together for them. It wasn't a big deal at all. I added a card (didn't sign our families name) but I did mention how grateful our family is to them for the care of our father. Any little thing I can do is very small compared to all they are doing for he & mom. After I got home, Clyde and I went to eat at Saul Good, bought pillows next door at Kirklands and came home. Relaxing day....nice warm fire going now...my favorite muffins just out of the oven, watching Pretty Woman for the ????? time and catching up on my blog!
I will close by adding a few pictures from Matthew's 5th birthday party. He now has been with Becky's family for one year. He has been a real joy, although things have not always been as easy. He and Austin are good buds and play very well together. Becky & Jason have taken their small office and built him a closet, put up a wall and decorated his bedroom in the theme of "Pirates"! I haven't seen the finished product but I am looking forward to seeing it!
Jason was glad to run in to an old friend, Jenny, from Southland!

No comments:

Post a Comment