Today is Thursday, and another snow day. I stayed home Mon. & Tues. to get my back better and see how the muscle relaxer made me feel, so I have worked one day this week. Actually, although I hate being in school in June, today was good for me. Until now, I have been on a heating pad most of the day. I got hungry! I just fixed a great grilled cheese sandwich...WW bread, Colby Jack cheese (1 slice) and a thinly sliced Gala apple. Yummy....
I know this needs to be fast, as sitting aggravates my back muscle....don't know if I should be walking on the treadmill or letting it rest????
OK, well last night after our weekly dinner with my favorite son (btw, did anyone see the commercial on the new Green's Toyota collision center....Jason is in it twice!) we went over to visit papaw. His nurse told him on Monday that the fluid is building back up too quickly. So each visit is priceless. Daddy got his new bed from Hospice yesterday. Jason and I went back to see it, and Jason raised it for dad so that it doesn't take a lot for him to stand up. I know this will help mom get more sleep, so again, we are thankful to Hospice. Dad has kept his humor, as when he told us about the bed he said "after 64 years she's kicking me out" and pointed to mom. Mom said she would miss cuddling! Funny.
Whenever I have a future donation opportunity, I will remember Hospice. There really are NO words to say how they have helped dad's quality of life. I have written it before, so don't need to keep repeating, but he does say so much that I want to pass it on anytime I can. With tears in his eyes, he says that they saved his life back in December. For the pass two months, he really has lived much better. Although he is ready for Heaven, I know he has appreciated having this time for sweet goodbyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment