We had a great evening with Matthew, Austin & Maggie. Last week we didn't see them much, so we called earlier this week and made plans to have them for awhile on Friday night. Becky & Jason went out to eat quickly at Smashin' Tomatoes then on to see "Blindside". I knew Bec would love it and she did (course she cried). She registered the boys at Huntertown (Versailles) this week and cried. She spoke to the coach on their ballteam (Mets) and she most likely cried (I don't know that she did, but probably). It is hard seeing your kids grow up and change.
We took them to Sir Pizza last night b/c I knew they would eat it well. They did, a lot! We ordered them both a sprite and they drank very little of it. While there, the boys loved writing on new pads I brought them and MJ sat very nicely doodling as well. The boys wrote words they sounded out and drew pictures.
After this, we went to see GiGi (granny). She has been down with her back and she hasn't been driving at all, so she hasn't seen the kids in a long while. They love GiGi and enjoyed seeing her. They always get a little candy from her and they count, sing and just be "kids" while they are there. I know they have changed a lot since she last saw them. It was getting late and Maggie was tired, but she was good...just not real "lively".
Next, we took them back to their house and didn't stay up long as they have a BIG day today (Saturday). They all brushed their teeth, got into PJ's and I read a book to Austin and Matthew picked out one for Clyde to read (the longest book!) MJ just went on to bed. I will post a few pictures that will be in no particular order...I spend as much time as I want on this and don't have any extra time or patience formatting the pictures (wish they were as easy to format as in Word, but NOT).
Today we will watch UK beat TN with friends coming over to join us.....need to get off here and bake a Derby pie! Love, Later, Bye!
We took them to Sir Pizza last night b/c I knew they would eat it well. They did, a lot! We ordered them both a sprite and they drank very little of it. While there, the boys loved writing on new pads I brought them and MJ sat very nicely doodling as well. The boys wrote words they sounded out and drew pictures.
After this, we went to see GiGi (granny). She has been down with her back and she hasn't been driving at all, so she hasn't seen the kids in a long while. They love GiGi and enjoyed seeing her. They always get a little candy from her and they count, sing and just be "kids" while they are there. I know they have changed a lot since she last saw them. It was getting late and Maggie was tired, but she was good...just not real "lively".
Next, we took them back to their house and didn't stay up long as they have a BIG day today (Saturday). They all brushed their teeth, got into PJ's and I read a book to Austin and Matthew picked out one for Clyde to read (the longest book!) MJ just went on to bed. I will post a few pictures that will be in no particular order...I spend as much time as I want on this and don't have any extra time or patience formatting the pictures (wish they were as easy to format as in Word, but NOT).
Today we will watch UK beat TN with friends coming over to join us.....need to get off here and bake a Derby pie! Love, Later, Bye!
Debbie - I think that it's so neat how you guys have made Matthew one of your grandkids right along with Austin and Maggie. They are all so lucky to have you and Clyde as their grandparents!
ReplyDeleteOk... you're making me sound emotionally unstable. I get it from you, you know! Thanks for watching the kiddos. We really enjoyed our night out.
ReplyDelete