Monday, February 22, 2010

Update Monday


When waking up on Friday and working all day, I didn't expect to finish the day at the ER. However, my back had been hurting a little more than normal, and by the time I got home, it was screaming. I was alone and thinking I may pass out and then what. So, I called Clyde and his phone was out of range. Thank goodness for family...I called Martha & Bev. and they decided Martha would come and take me to the hospital. It was a hard decision for me, but I was in so much pain I couldn't imagine it was JUST my back....I was thinking it may have been a kidney stone. Hard to know how much to write...hmmm...they did find a little blood in my little "cup" and you know what was in there. So, they really thought it was the kidneys. The scan did not show a stone, so I am guessing it is my back. Stayed in bed most of Sat. and Sun. on a heating pad, off school today, and this is the most I have sat up in a chair. Mostly I lay or stand...getting up still is not easy or rolling over, putting on pants, etc. I have a doctor appt. today at 3:45.

I am actually blogging to write about dad. I called mom a few minutes ago to find he is really not doing well. Over the night, he asked her to get him oxygen, his nitro pills, and just had a rough night. That means she had a rough night. She said, since his fluid was removed on Thursday, he has not been back up. She has been rolling him around in his wheelchair, he has not been strong enough for his walker (which rolls but he has to push it along). His wonderful nurse aide, Debbie, came this morning to shave him and change his PJ's and mom feels like she will have his nurse or doctor come to check on him. A hospital bed is to arrive this week. Mom said daddy thanks her for the help often, and she said he told her recently "it won't be long". He feels he is going downhill fast. We have been given an extra two months due to Hospice. They came on Dec. 18th and now it is Feb. 22nd....he has had a great two months. We have played Rook again and he has been able to do it well! He has smiled more, eaten better and enjoyed his food. He has had wonderful pies brought from friends at church (and family!) Fudge, all kinds of sweets that he has enjoyed fully. So, we are very thankful for this time. However, when the time comes he gets any worse, I know he will be ready to go. Thank you all for any prayers for my mom. She needs to be extra strong to be able to handle this time as he may go during the night or when no one is there with her. I know God will be and He will carry her along when she can't walk alone. I know He is with my dad as well. I was there last on Thursday and kissed him on the head as usual with a "I love you dad" and he always says "I love you baby".

No comments:

Post a Comment