Saturday, August 22, 2009

Saturday drive & grandkids

Today, Clyde and I took one of our favorite "short" rides to Midway. We love the food at Darlin' Jeans and I love the shops. A win win for me. The ride across Pisgah Pike is beautiful with horse farms, black fences and lots of horses. It was cloudy and cool but the drive was still nice. I love their Bagel Melt sandwich and Clyde loves their Granny Grilled Cheese. It is VERY bad...has bacon and tomato like a BLT. The french fries are the BEST. Then we topped it off by sharing a chocolate cobbler with icecream!!!! TERRIBLE, but so good.
I bought a serving plate in a cute store and at Baskets from the Bluegrass shop I bought a cheese tray and spreader.
Tonight we roasted hotdogs and the boys helped bring in the wood to build the fire. We had grapes, multi grain chips with dip, and dessert. We came in and had baths, watched some of the Nascar race in Bristol, Austin is a Jeff Gordon fan and Matthew says he wants "Fred" to win. Not sure who that is. Now all three are asleep and we are wiped out! They were good and we enjoyed having them.

1 comment:

  1. Debbie, we LOVE Darlin' Jean's!!! We were just saying the other day that we want to go back to Midway and eat there and do some shopping. We've been there several times but never taken the time to shop. We've always been looking for photo ops! Have you ever eaten the "Fall off the bones ribs?" They really do! When you try to pick them up the meat falls right off the bones!! Larry got them and said they were delicious!!

    The pics of the boys helping with the fire and riding behind the tractor are so cute and MJ riding with brother (who's wearing HUGE gloves!)is great! The picture of Matthew sitting on the couch is precious!

    I love your blog!! Thanks for doing it!!

    ReplyDelete