Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Family Dinner



As most of my friends know, we meet Jason Allen on Wednesday's for dinner. Our usual "fare" is Cracker Barrel but sometimes we eat at Cheddars or Logans. I like having the whole family here as we enjoy the kids more. They get to run and play and we can sit and talk if they let us. So, that's what we did tonight. I used a cajun run (after slathering with olive oil) and wrapped in foil last night. I rushed home (after dropping by moms for some fresh picked green beans...cooked) and put the pork in the oven. I baked it for 40 min. then removed it, cut it open and stuffed it with spinach leaves, roasted tomatoes in a jar and shredded jalepeno jack cheese. I roll it back up and continue baking for 40 minutes (I always let it sit until everyone's ready to eat)...then I take it out, let it rest, and slice. Yum...thanks Paula Deen. Fresh corn on the cob, a green salad, watermelon cubes and bread finished off the meal. For dessert, chocolate dipped strawberries.

I think Jason is saying "put it here Cassie...you can do it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment