Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mid Week Dinner

For the past couple of months, Jason has been looking to buy a house using the $$ for first time buyers. So, he has been on line more than ever looking for the "right" house. He loves the house in Winchester with the big backyard, two car garage and fully finished basement. For all intents and purposes the house is his, although our name is on the deed. It's hard to sell (or move from) a house that you like so well to one in a town you want to live in (Lexington was home all his life) that is smaller (not as much Bang to the Buck in Lex.) There were a couple of "possibilities" tonight, so we'll see.
Several times today I was reminded of the date, August 26th. This is my sister and brother in laws 42nd anniversary! I didn't call or go by but my thoughts were with her. Directly after school, I visited mom & dad, went straight home, and out with Clyde to meet up with Jason.
It's pretty remarkable in this day to celebrate over 40 yrs. of marriage. I have always admired Beverly for her happy marriage and very strong Christian faith. She walks the walk each day. She is the "hands on" mother in every way, as well as a very involved nona (spelling?) Her grandkids mean the world to her and they love her dearly. She and Larry attend every activity they possibly can the kids are in. Band competitions, music programs, school events and many baseball games.
I would have been 13 when I was in their wedding. I'm sure she most likely didn't "need" me in their wedding, but she used me as a junior bridesmaid. I remember the wedding and was proud to stand up along with her friends beside her. Blessings Larry & Bev for many more happy, healthy years of married life. Bev., if you are reading today read my P.S.!
P.S. I know how Larry loves to fish...I have posted a blog below that has a link to my friend Fred's blog. He is flyfishing in Wyoming and has a very interesting entry for Mon & Tues. He caught the BIG one! I know Larry would love reading Fred's trip, if he has the time to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment