Today I have watched all morning the funeral of Senator Ted Kennedy. Anyone that knows me, will know that I do not agree with many of his views/issues, especially the one of abortion. He is known in the Senate as the "Liberal Lion" and that is just about as opposite my conservative views as night is from day. However, I could not help but appreciate the way he was with his brother's children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews and the Americans he wanted to see have equal rights....the poor, equality in education and so on, I watched to see what was said of him. Some words did recall him as not a perfect man, especially his early life sins. The message however was strong on his qualities in the senate and the man he became. I certainly do not agree with aborting an unborn that has no voice in this terrible action, but I did watch to the end. He was someone's son, husband, father, and friend. I do pray he rests in peace.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Morning with Miss Maggie
While Becky and Jason took the boys to Silas' birthday party at Boyd's Orchard, I got to keep Maggie! She is so precious. Just a delightful little girl. She is so pretty with her light colored hair and curls. Her eyes are brown, like her daddy's. We all love her dearly. I think Pap relives having a little blonde haired girl just like her almost 30 years ago. Becky was a daddy's girl but was always able to stay close to mom! I made sure of that. I wanted a daughter and decided long ago we would remain close. It is a fact that although we don't agree on all "life lessons" she listens to me and shows respect, then does what she and Jason deem best. That is all I ask. I treat her children as I treated my own. I don't have the same energy, but that's why God gave them to Jason and Becky to raise. I am thankful they include us in their lives.
This is a red Knockout rose bush we planted after we moved in. It is much bigger in real life. This is a great view out my dining room window. The impatients are all volunteer (earlier post).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment