It’s 40 degrees here, and I'm freezing! We are looking to buy a fleece jacket right now. I’m looking at the snow-capped mountains all around me. It’s beautiful. We are in Silverton, CO. It’s an old western mining town. There are tons of little shops. We are leaving here today and going to Durango, and then on to Mesa Verde this evening.
Since last post, we have:
- ridden a train through the Royal Gorge in Canyon City.
- visited Black Canyon of the Gunnison in Gunnison CO. This was just on down the road from the train ride, on our way further west. The canyon was amazing...there was a point called "painted wall" that looked just like a painting. If you want go to see it there is an Internet site showing this canyon. Worth the trip back there (if you were nearby). The weather was wonderful.
- traveled to a nice town called Ouray. There were hot springs, however, it was early morning and very cool...around 50 degrees, windy and overcast. We would have white water rafted except for the fact there wasn't a morning trip. We could have gone all day...also one place said they would make a special trip for just Clyde and I but he wanted to go with a group....I just wasn't sure about the whole thing....thus the train ride. It was very nice.
We are enjoying the scenery…. beautiful wild flowers. The little shops and restaurants are great. We ate in a little bakery this morning. I am upset about the difficulty of the Internet. Also I didn’t bring anything to get my pictures from the camera to the computer. I need to buy a memory card reader that connects to the computer via USB. I hope to get some pictures to you soon.
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers! Blessings!
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers! Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment