It's Sunday at 12:30 (our time) 11:30 Colorado time and we are standing in the Welcome Center. The sun is shining and it is COOL. Already I like Colorado MUCH more than Kansas. we are heading for Canon City to go white water rafting tomorrow. I can't download any photos on this computer (I only have one of the Arch in St. Louis)...but I will try to do that tomorrow evening. Thanks for checking in with us. Love, Later, Bye! Clyde and Debbie
p.s. Clyde took me to eat at a wonderful place in Abilene to eat that reminded me of Claudia Sanders...the food was AWESOME and the atmosphere fun. We stopped at the Holiday Inn Express for the night early and had a relaxed evening. Wish me luck (or pray for me) tomorrow as we travel down the Arkansas River!!!
Please, please take pictures rafting!!!! Also, try to remember every moment of the rafting trip. I would like a play by play update. Please include any information of a possible falling out, flipping the boat, losing an oar, etc. Lantern's Garden is doing just fine. Water is going as I type. We hope you are having a relaxing time and enjoying eachother. I just talked to Jason, and it sounds like he had a great weekend camping. Love you all! Hugs and kisses! Jason, Becky, Matthew, Austin, and Maggie
ReplyDeleteHey Sis! It is 8:11 (7:11) so I doubt if you are on the river yet but this is when I check my blogs. I pray you will have a blast rafting! When we were in CO we saw rafters on the Colorado River and it looked like SO much fun! I hope you have a waterproof one-time camera that you can safely take with you to capture your rafting trip. I think they might even make those in digital now - not at all sure about that. I'm not sure where Canon City is in relation to Denver, but when we flew into Denver and then headed west to Avon, just west of Denver we went through Golden CO where we decided to stop and eat. We found a restaurant called Mimi's Cafe that we really liked. We determined if we were ever that way again we would be sure to stop. So if you happen to be near there, here are the directions: 14265 W COLFAX AVE., GOLDEN (303) 384-9350 (they suggested calling ahead at real busy times) Take exit 263 for Denver W toward Colorado Mills Pkwy; keep left at the fork, follow signs for Denver West Colorado Mills Pkwy; turn left at Denver W Blvd; Turn left at W Colfax Ave/US-40. I remember it was in the front of a shopping center and when we turned in there was a statue of a woman using a plow in the center island. Let us know if you happen to stop there. Enjoy your trip!! Looking forward to more messages as you travel! Love you!!
ReplyDelete