Saturday, June 13, 2009

Vegas Baby
















It's Saturday, June 13th, and this is our last night in Vegas. It's been a real eye opener for me. I loved the Fremont Experience in Old Vegas. There was a street canopy that has a light show every hr. on the hour. It was amazing. There were artists painting, musicians playing, and free shows on every corner. Very bright and fun. We just ate at Tony Roma's and the Hilton Grand is fine. I loved the pool this afternoon...very sunny and warm...cold spell for Vegas but great for us (91 degrees today). Clyde got the car washed and we will be on our way tomorrow to Utah Arches and the Canyon Lands. We put off getting a laptop for a few years and this year thought we would see about buying a mini...however, we wound up buying this laptop today that I am writing from. I will download a few photos now of our past week through Colorado and Arizona. They will not do justice to the beauty of the Grand Canyon. I was overwhelmed and simply amazed. It was God's creation at His best. Thanks for any prayers for our travel safety. Blessings. P.S. Thanks, Becky, for updating us thus far! Also, you need to help me learn how to format this blogging thing! I am awful. My photos keep coming before my words...I need to learn to write a caption under the picture! The downloading has taken time and I am ready to get packing...so, this may be it. I will try to go on line again in a couple of days.
Hello Austin, Matthew and Maggie. I wanted you to see these pictures and know that nana and pap are traveling far from home. We will be back at the end of this week. Please keep learning the new words with mom and read me a story when we get back. I sure miss you and love you a lot. Kiss, Kiss, Kiss.





















2 comments:

  1. Those pictures are great! We are so glad you all are having a great time. I think you'll enjoy having a laptop. Once you get a router at home, you can blog from your back porch now. What better place to blog for Lantern's Garden than in your garden! We love you and miss you. I think Austin finally understand what it means to be on vacation and away from home. He can't wait to see you. The other day I said, Nana's in Las Vegas" and Austin (in a very concerned voice)said, "Nana's lost?" Have fun in Utah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning! Laptops are great -- you will enjoy it more than you know!! You can download your pictures and write in your blog and play games while traveling through the desert (lol), etc. We finally made reservations for our Fall vacation and we are going to Scottsdale AZ. We hope to go to the Grand Canyon but we won't be able to travel too far from Scottsdale. The way you are traveling would be a dream vacation; I hope maybe some day we might be able to do that. It sounds like you are having a fabulous trip and I can't wait to see your pictures. The ones you posted are really good! Mom and Dad are fine as far as I know but they have lost a couple of very long-time friends. Lucille Mink will be buried today and Houston McIntyre will be buried tomorrow. Mom was taking it hard -- it's hard to see your life-time friends passing away. Sorry for posting sorrowful news but I thought you'd want to know. On the bright side, they both lived very long lives and they are now in the presence of the Savior! Praise His Holy Name!! Have a wonderful day and enjoy Utah -- should be some GREAT photo ops! Love you -- Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete