I took Cream Cheese Chicken Chili.
I needed a crock pot and thank Mr. Shearman for having such a nice, almost new one here for me to use!
Clyde has been busy this week....our first week is over! He mounted the TV to the wall, with the sound bar he got for Christmas. He vented the dryer out the back room where, for all these years, it was vented in a bowl with water in the utility room!
Today he planted four new bushes along the back border where some oleander's were missing.
A pink/yellowish hibiscus and a crotan.
This is a (replacement) bougainvillea that my HO friends bought when Kent passed. I hope we can keep this one alive!
I don't know the name of this one (may be Ixora), it comes in yellow like this one and orange/red. You see them in many landscapes here.
We also picked out our pavers and ordered them this week. They are now being made and we'll have them in place in a few weeks. This is a pretty big project and one we debated on doing now, or later, but decided to do it now. We will appreciated using the patio and having a walkway to get around to it.
Our next door neighbor, John, gave us this juicer when we moved in. The oranges are Honey Bells and they are SO juicy. Very good juice! It takes two of these for 12 ounces.
Beverly, you told me you would love having fresh fruit & veggies all winter, so we went to the fruit stand and thought of you. I am trying, wishing I loved all the veggies you do!
We looked at bikes today but made no decision. If you get a cheap one, metal, it will rust in a few weeks or a month. If you get an aluminum one, the cheapest I found today was almost $400. So, came home without one and wishing we had brought ours from home.
We enjoyed Chapel by the Sea church last Sunday, BSF in Stuart this past Wednesday, and began a few activities here at HO. Clyde joined the bocce league, we watched a movie on Sunday night (they have this each week), we started an exercise class, Tu, Th & Fri and I started going to Sew and So (making crafts for a local Asst. living community).
I am enjoying our time here. I tear up some when I think of mother, and the grandkids. I wonder what Lucas thinks when he doesn't come to nana's house or to Liberty Ridge. The big kids we don't see as often with their school and many social events, but we would be at their ball games. I don't have a printer here:( so my letter writing isn't happening.....yet. Love to all.


Love and miss you, but I am very thankful you are able to do this. I know you both love it very much. Five days and counting down till we get to see you!
ReplyDelete