So, I called Clyde as he was working and he got busy packing while we got a taxi on the way back to Lexington. We tried to find any other way there. The airline (supposedly) called other airlines and none could get us in there any quicker. They called Atlanta, Cincinnati, other airports that Clyde could drive us to, but in the end, he drove all night and got us into Fort Lauderdale by 10 a.m. A LONG night for all. Especially him. Thanks babe.
Our small cabin had a balcony and this was my first view out of it before we left the dock. I loved the beautiful view, perfect weather.
This was our first stop, Half Moon Cay, Bahamas. I loved the beach! By the time we got there, and needed to be back at the boat early afternoon, I got about an hour out there. I loved every minute. Mom and Martha went on a glass bottom boat at this time.
This was the first concert, we had them at 4:00 to 5:30 p.m. and was SO inspired.
After our concert was suppertime. The first night we ate at the BIG buffet in the dining area. This was good for mom as our dining room time was 7:45. We were happy to have the early concert time, as we made this cruise for the Gaither's and the Homecoming performers.
We ate breakfast the first couple of mornings at the buffet, but had room service the remaining week, Devotions were at 7:30 a.m. and we had to leave early to get mom there.
On Monday, it was our turn (red/blue....we were the blue team) for the autograph session. There was a long line, but once there, it was nice. We got to meet the vocal band and Bill & Gloria.
Wes Hampton and David Phelps, awesome talent, nice men.
Newest members of the Vocal band. Todd Suttles and Adam Crabb had to learn a lot of songs in a short time but they were just the nicest young men! Pray they have many good years together.
Mom chillin' on the Lido pool deck while Martha and I were in the pool.
Wed. Feb. 26, our port of call was Cozumel, Mexico
I loved this pic with our boat in the background.
I'm sure we made quite a sight every where we went. This was a good, authentic Mexican restaurant that served our sodas in these large glasses, made mom and Martha a balloon animal hat and had a terrific view of our boat (below).
We were loaded down, and getting over bumps was not easy (elevators, boat ramps)....whew. I used muscles I didn't have.
At dinner one evening, one of our fabulous desserts. Yummy!
One of the rare (maybe two) times I sat outside our room and relaxed.
This is Kevin Williams, a Kentucky native. He plays the guitar and adds much humor to the concerts.
(orange) Angie Primm....I loved her. Such a personality, booming voice, matched from tip to high heeled shoes and always had a matching "hankie" that gripped her microphone.
Mom was so blessed during the concerts and felt very close to Heaven (and to dad).
We were so loaded down getting home that mom had to wear a hat of Martha's....no room in the bags. She checked three bags and bought one in Mexico to help carry our few purchases. I didn't buy much, because we packed for one airlines, 50 lbs., and I was up near there, then coming home we could only pack 40 pounds. I did buy some things for my kiddos so I used mom's luggage to help me. She was way under 40 lbs. Putting two blankets in hers, she was about six lbs. shy and I was one pound over. My backpack was very heavy. I had to drag it through the Sanford airport.
This was all I needed to lose it....we came across a couple of hateful men on the airplane and I was worn out already, so seeing them made my day turn out OK. So happy for this trip, for the weather, for the Gaithers & Homecoming, but I have never worked as hard in one week...in my life. Loved it, but will not take small wheels on a wheelchair for Martha and I to push around again. At least without Kent or Clyde to help! Thank you God for allowing mom to go on this cruise.









So happy for you all. Holland American is a wonderful cruise line. Thanks for the pictures.
ReplyDelete