Always good to be with my siblings, mother and brother in laws. Mom has been giving away many household "treasures", pictures, other things we would inherit when she passes. She decided she wanted to give them to us now, while we can enjoy her things. She enjoys seeing us living and using the "fruit of their labor". She is quite happy that dad was a good money manager and she is able to pass on to us what they have worked so hard for. Each of us appreciate this gesture and the sacrifices they made throughout our lives for us. Mom & dad truly taught us how to raise our families and how to be a married couple. She told me yesterday at her house, "I never knew how much I would miss Stanley".....she has a good clear mind and recalls many things that made up the years they were married.....65.

This is my sister, Beverly, and her "preacher" husband Larry. They enjoy life to the fullest. If anyone thinks Clyde and I travel a lot....they most likely would beat us! Like us, they enjoy driving around looking at the beautiful Kentucky sideroads, eating at quaint little "finds". They spend a lot of time with their grown kids and enjoy family time with them.
This is my mom with Kent. Although his life choices have not always been the best, he now is better than he has been! He loves mom, loves living with her, cleaning her house, driving her around (like Driving Miss Daisy) and is happy enough. I go by a couple of times a week to play rummy....and we pass away a few hours. Sometimes we talk, sometimes we laugh, and sometimes we are quiet. He is a man of few words.
Everyone needs a best friend and I often say Martha is moms:) However, Martha has some VERY close friendships, women who are with her through hospital visitation with our family, on good days & bad. Everyone needs friends like hers. But, saying that, M & M do love spending time together. Mom loves all the activity and energy Martha gives to life.
Clyde came right from work, so he didn't have a change of clothes. I brought him a hat! This was in the "garage" area at Logans so we had it all to ourselves. Mom was able to share about how good daddy was to her and that he gave her anything she ever wanted. She said "you girls think you have good men, and you do, but I had the best". I have written it before, and will say it again, I looked for a man "like the one who raised me"....my dad. I found him. I am thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment