Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summertime Fun 2012

We have been spending as much time as we can at the baseball field.  Matthew was too old for t-ball so he didn't play baseball this year (he has been in gymnastics).  So, he and Maggie have run "amuck" and enjoyed many of the games.  There were 100+ degree days that none of us loved watching buddy out there running bases, but for the most part, it has been good.  Austin has improved each year and this year he was picked up on the "blue" all stars team.  He is hitting very well (as he did all season) and to date has caught two fly balls in the outfield.  He received two Barry Bond rookie baseball cards from his coach.  I kept Matthew & Maggie last weekend while mom, dad & Austin went to a tournament in Shelbyville (over Sat. night).  They go to Harrodsburg this weekend.

Today Becky had a meeting this morning and a doctor's appt. this afternoon.  The kids came in a little "slow".....like why are we here again (but of course they don't say that:)  MJ clearly didn't want to be here, but she perked up right away.  The boys walked in, sat down on the sofa with their itouch (Matthew) and DS (Austin)....electronics.  No problem, I just kept working in the kitchen.  So, MJ was "at odds".  In just a few mins. I got her busy at the table with her "pasta".  I have mentioned that several times in the past....they can play the longest time with noodles, spoons, bowls, cups, etc., just play cooking.  Today I got some yarn and showed her how to make a necklace.  She loved it.  When the boys saw hers, they wanted to make one.  So, for the next 30 mins. or so they did.  Austin took longer as he was making a pattern.....and a necklace with more noodles on it, not just the front. 

After this, they all changed into my stash of clothes (thanks to Kelly Connelley) and played outdoors with a plastic tub full of water, and cups.  They started having a water "fight" and running around throwing water in the air....I asked them to try and "hit" a few pots of flowers.  This kept me busy, refilling their tub, but they loved it.  MJ mentioned she was a little hungry, so I got out of the freezer the leftover homemade icecream (Beck made) and gave them 3 spoons.  They have never done this at nanas:) but I put them on a sheet and said "go at it".  Soon icecream was melted and all over them, a quick clean up with the water from the tub and they were at it again.  Soon they dried off, came on the patio for new coloring books & new crayons and a bite of lunch.

This all kept me busy (and bushed), but I loved having them play all "kid" activities and just having fun.  They said thank you to me for the coloring books, and told me they had a good time today.





Although the three of them keep you very busy, I love them so very much.  I hope they always know that I am here for them and that they can trust me.  I may not like everything they do, or what they may tell me, but I will listen.  I will try never to be their "judge" but give them wisdom as I know it.  Mostly, I will love them regardless.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having lots of fun with the kids this summer! I know that you enjoy your time with them. And I'm sure that they LOVE to come to your house!

    ReplyDelete