So, last week I went to Shutterfly and made him a hardcover "60" memory picture book. Of course I didn't check as to when it would come in, until I had worked two days on it. So, even if I paid extra, it wouldn't be here by today. I just hope it is nice and I won't blink at the rather high price tag. Fingers are crossed:) I also bought a couple of smaller gifts that I think he liked.
I surprised him with a luncheon for his mom and her siblings (his aunts & uncle). I also asked Becky to come with the children since they weren't coming to our dinner tonight. I think the food went over well, as they complimented it many times and ate seconds/thirds.
Then tonight we went to Portofinos downtown on East Main. He and I stopped by Thursday Night Live, then went to meet Becky & Jason K. and Jason Allen & Rosemary. Our dinner was so relaxing. Nothing rushed, laid back and I believe everyone enjoyed the good food.
Uncle Sonny, Jean, CB, Joyce and Martha
A Nascar #88 Dale Jr. car, cake!
I love this variation of the classic "pea" lettuce layer salad. I have made it twice and really have good comments about how tasty it is. The ham was a boneless Kroger one and everyone really liked it. Especially the kids! To round it out, I cut up fruit for an easy salad, green beans & broccoli casserole.
Also, from the 3rd of July, I had Tricia's corn salad (in the first tall dish).
We ate inside but went on the patio for photos at Portofino's.
Geraniums can tolerate this heat...as long as you water them. I have been watering mine daily, and the flower pots look terrible. I should have planted geraniums!
The ladies
The next generation
Dad and his family
Clyde's fillet Mignon
Jason A. and I got this chicken/mushroom lasagna
We didn't realize the waitress knew it was a birthday, but she brought out dessert!
I believe he has enjoyed today. I will blog another time about our July 4th at Lake Cumberland. This was sure a nice way to begin his birthday! Loved it! I will also add, on the way home last night, (the night before his bday) that I asked him how it felt to be turning 6-0. I was glad to have on sunglasses, as what he said made me a little teary. He said something like "I didn't feel old in the 50's but saying I'm 60 makes me feel old. Like now I'm a grandpa old"....or similar. I always knew I wanted to grow old with Clyde; guess that's a dream come true.
No comments:
Post a Comment