Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Spring Garden

Isn't this just the best time to enjoy outdoors?  The grass is still green and soft...not dry & brittle.  The trees, bushes & perennials just grew out of no where!  One day, literally, it was snowing (a late winter/early spring snow) the next week, warm/hot weather and everything was green.  Amazing.  The spring bulbs/flowers like buttercups, tulips, etc., all came up and bloomed early.  Azaleas, flowering trees, bloomed early....faded now.  It is just now early May and the perennials are blooming (flowering).  My baskets/pots are not looking good.  The ones on the hanging basket tree are planted and with fertilizer and lots of sunshine/water, they will look good.  The ones around the pond, not so good.  The little ground squirrels keep getting into them, uprooting the little plants.  Hopefully, they will take off...if not, I will replant.  The phlox around the pond was beautiful....quick to bloom, quick to fade.  Here are a few pics taken with the ipad, so not sure of quality.
This is the largest basket that hangs low on the tree.  I went with purple, red, green foilage and yellow flowers on the whole tree.  New coco lining in this one.
These pots look "sparse" now, but will fill out quickly with fertilizer and water!

The pots outside of the porch and those near the pond are not looking good. Hopefully they will soon....Miracle Grow!

This rhodendrum is so big and so beautiful.  Wish it were out front so more people could see/enjoy it.  However, I have enjoyed it out back.  We just haven't had any yard parties yet, so no one is out there!

These are the flowers at the top of the pond where the bog used to be...before we filled it in and planted flowers. The purple salvia come back each year, I added some red petunias scarlet sage in the front to give some color.


These are double red knockouts that have really grown this year.  Clyde didn't cut them back, as they are in the side, back yard and size isn't a problem.  They are in full bloom at this time.

I will stop now and publish this....I have already loved being outside this spring and plan to enjoy many moments on the porch, eating breakfast, reading, piddling around!  Loving my grandkids and spending time with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment