Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day has come and gone.  The week before, I made Monster Cookies for each of the boys teacher's including their special area ones.  I did this early so I made sure to get them to them.  Austin's teacher wrote a nice note saying she loves baking and asked for the recipe.  It's a good one, and I got it to her. 

The picture below is the way Clyde ate his strawberries & monster cookies!

Valentine's week (the night before) I made more cookies, took a pan by mom's house and made a baggie for my bus driver & monitor, and a baggie for my co-worker, Viv.  For my other good buds, I bought a bag of Dove chocolates and gave them a little baggie.  For my two sweeties (Clyde & Jason Allen) I made sure they had plenty of cookies and dipped chocolate strawberries for them.
I gave Jason some suduko cards, gum & mints and for CB a UK sweatshirt.  Clyde and I went to Outback and enjoyed our meal a lot. 
After leaving OB, we took the kids over their VDay gifts.  Each got PJ's, Maggie got stickers and the boys each got two matchbox cars.  Then each one got a little baggie of candy.  It is Jason K's birthday so we took him a giftcard to Movie Tavern.
This was a very thoughtful gift.  Clyde mentioned getting me an ipad cover/keyboard, which I do need.  We have looked off and on since Christmas.  He has checked prices and quality everywhere.  I will get one, just not sure when.  However, he knows I have needed a jewelry box for a long time.  So, he went on line and checked them out at Dillards, JC Penney, etc., and wound up getting this one at Dillards.  I like it a lot and am currently filling it up....fast.  He also bought a pair of earrings to go inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment