This has certainly been a full week. Becky has been in a two day (overnight) technology conference in Louisville and to help out a little, Jessica (who helped out the most) got the kids after school and brought them to nan and pap's house. Jason, who travels out of town during the day, is late getting in at night (evening). We LOVE having them here!!! However, short a visit, they are a delight. They make us laugh. One of those days, I overheard Austin sounding out words, asking pap how to spell this or that, and then he placed his note in an envelop sealed with his name on the back and "to pap" on the front. Sad face:( I have just tried scanning his note to pap that said "thanks for the Monster Jam tickets". He is the sweetest little boy.
The boys like seeing monster jam trucks race when they come here. Pap dvd's the competitions and they all choose a "winner" then root them on.
Last week pap bought tickets for them to go see them race in person tonight at Rupp. He bought one for each Jason, himself and the three boys (Thomas is Jason's girlfriends little boy). So, the six of them are heading down soon to see the "pits" and then the race. Clyde showed Austin the little earplugs they would be wearing. At the end of the evening, he had to laugh when he saw Austin had gone and got his and put them in his ear.
Another funny (to us) was a couple of weeks ago. We had the boys overnight (due to me messing up Becky's van and it was in the shop) so Clyde was taking the boys to school. On the way there, he told Matthew he was the "navigator" and Austin you are the "co-pilot". After explaining what the navigator is to Matthew, Austin said "yeah, you tell us which way to go, and I'll sit here shoveling the coal" (with shoveling actions)....Clyde laughed and told Austin he wasn't a "coal pilot" and explained what a co-pilot is. I guess too much Thomas the Train.
When I got home with groceries recently, the kids were here and I asked them to come help. I told them they were a little heavy (of course I gave them the lighter ones) and as they were bringing them in they were saying things like "this isn't heavy to me, not one little bit"....and other comments making them feel very important and helpful. They were even "flexing" a bit. Then along comes Maggie.....gave her a bag, and as she went in "this isn't heavy to me, not one little bit". She copies everything!
This was sent from Rupp....Austin says his favorite so far tonight is "Grave Digger Legend".
No comments:
Post a Comment