Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas with the family

Christmas Day at Nanas
MJ eating dessert after everyone else did...she was hungry!

Day after Christmas, coming over straight from church. Austin likes to wear ties, Matthew not so much. They are staying here overnight while mom & dad celebrate their anniversary.

Day after Christmas, Matthew is loving his Hummer.

Austin's jeep is popping a wheely, while pap is controlling it. Austin is playing with paps doon buggy! Pap got one so they could all three play together! He searched all over to get all that were not on the same frequency. He is a good pap.
We didn't speak too much of dad, but we did recall some fun comments he would make while playing Rook. He often would say "well this is a revolting predicament" when his hand would not be all he wanted it to be! We laughed about how often he seemed to be dealt the Rook (bird). Mom mentioned him once or twice but I don't recall what she said. (I am rewriting this b/c my laptop is extrememly sensitive and deletes whole paragraphs at a time...there is no "undo" key that I see). I am thankful mom & Kent have spent the last few Christmas' at our home. They are alone a lot of the time, so they need to be with family at the holidays. They go to Bev's on Thanksgiving and have been coming here for Christmas. As I tell anyone, Martha is mom's bff and they go everywhere together! That is a blessing for all of us.
After playing a game of Rook, Clyde served our dinner. I had fixed a stuffed pork loin (stuffed with sundried tomatoes, jack cheese & spinach leaves), a ham, broccoli casserole, green beans, cheesy potatoes & salad. Everyone ate their fill, then we opened presents.
The best thing this year, the kids were very grateful for any and every little thing. They thanked us (Austin w/o being told) and they had no meltdowns over anything. They allowed the adults to play Rook without one time being held in our laps or wanting to "help" (I know mom & Kent loved this!) They were so fun. The photos will come up on top, even though I add them last. Here are a few. Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment