Saturday, September 4, 2010

Recap of week!

Just out of the shower, I wrote below of her perfect folding skills! Green words...
This week hasn't been very "fun" or anything to blog about; I have taken very few pictures here at the house. Garden is looking neglected, since I can only do about one major thing a day. Since Aug. 10th, that one thing is work:( So, weeds have taken over, and watering has been a shared chore between Clyde and I, with the heavy watering by him. Our pond has to be cleaned out (the filter) about every three days (another SAD face), and that hasn't happened. Clyde does clean it about twice a week, but I came home yesterday (Friday), looked out the window as I do every day and saw the fountain wasn't flowing. Ughhhhhhh (spelling?) Meaning, it was clogged up at some point and the water wasn't getting through, so it burned up the motor in the filter system. This amounts to about $270.00 or so. This has happened a couple of times already, and it is getting too expensive! Clyde is NOT happy, and I love the pond.....not like him. So, as I sit here watching the UK game (go Blue!), blog a little, with the screen door finally open....no sound.
We went to watch Austin's baseball game yesterday (Friday) at 5:30, then took the kids with us for the night. This is hard after working all week, but we do love them so much and love having them any time we can. This was more for Becky & Jason than it was for us. Becky has had a very tough week (several) with extra meetings. Then, there is Maggie to get to dance, Matthew to soccer, and Austin to baseball. I thought I could help with MJ, but she dances in Versailles. We have taken A to practice and taken him to a game when she couldn't get there in time. That's very little help. Two weekends ago, the guys all went to Carter Caves for the day, and last Sat. Clyde took Austin with him to Somerset. Every little bit helps, I hope. Jason is unusually busy at work; longer days than he hoped (I'm sure), and some Sat. mornings. Plus, as he's worked there, his work load has increased. Both of them get our prayers every day. They are getting a much needed break this weekend (Labor Day) by heading to London. They are treated very well there and feel as though they are on vacation. Jackie is a great cook, and Greene is very patient with the kids. The added bonus is Amy & the kids. They won't come until Sunday, but our kids love hers.
I will post a picture of Maggie that is so funny. Today, I was watching her because I noticed this last night. She folds everything perfectly. I mean a t-towel, a baby blanket, whatever...she is meticulous. I folded a towel, she refolded it much better. So, I'll post a picture of her, so I'll remember this:)
I didn't take any pics, but my good husband, even better pap (not really), always is trying to have fun, make memories with the grands. Last night, after eating supper at Fazoli's (this wasn't real easy) he came home, went out back leveled up the camper (best he could) and cranked it up. This takes time....plus, he got out their sleeping bags, his air mattress, all the while I was back & forth with sheets, pillows, etc. Whew, we were worn out. I got to come inside to sleep, he stayed out with the kids! Try to get two 5 year olds to sleep without laughing, touching, etc. However, it was Maggie last to get to sleep and first to arise (6:30 a.m.) We sure hope the kids love these times, and will make memories for them to last a lifetime. We love you buddy, Matthew & Maggie!

No comments:

Post a Comment