Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Kindergarten



Tomorrow's the big day. Austin and Matthew are off to Kindergarten. They are attending Huntertown Elementary in Woodford Co. They will be dropped off at the door, new backpacks, new clothes & shoes, and cookies for their teachers. Into a whole new world. A story ready to begin. Public School. I will cry on my way to school, I will cry as my Kindergarten class comes through my door, and will think of them all day. They don't belong to me, but they sure have my heart. I will pray for Mrs. Lawson and Mrs. Harvey.
When I dropped Becky off in her Ki classroom, I stopped at the backdoor of the school and cried. The principal was near and told me "it's harder on you than it is on her". She was right. Becky loved school, her teacher, and everything about elementary school. She had a great experience....I know her boys will as well. Blessings to Austin, Matthew, Ellie, and all the 1st time students.
Have a great year of learning kids, and teaching Becky, and all the other public & private school teachers. You have an awesome job and a responsibility that is priceless. To Megan at GES, Emily at Huntertown, Sara at Nicholasville Ele., my friends at CME and Becky & Jessica at WCH....BLESSINGS!

3 comments:

  1. Debbie - I hope that you have a great year, too! We'll take good care of Austin and Matthew. It will be fun to see them at Huntertown! They have great teachers, and I'm sure that they'll love kindergarten this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan is at Garden Springs Elem.....I don't have a clue what I was thinking above...GES???? Thanks so much Emily for these words! I do appreciate you more than you will ever know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, glad to see you got your camera to work again (or did SOMETHING to be able to post pics!) I have missed your blog even though I think I caught most of your posts on FB. I can't believe school is starting already -- the summer break is just too short! Britt is missing the first day of school with strep throat. She complained of a sore throat last week and Brad took her to a doctor (not her regular doctor but more convenient for him) on Friday. He said the test for strep was negative and that it was just a viral infection and sent her home with nothing. So after several more days and her condition worsening, Angie took her to her regular doctor yesterday and they diagnosed strep. She had a high fever last night and was a very sick puppy!! She is somewhat better this morning. Thank you Jesus!! Not a good way to start the school year! Have a blessed year -- love you Sis!!

    ReplyDelete