I have tried posting pictures now twice and they come up with all that "garbage" you sometimes get when working with a computer:( Ugh, I hate wasting time more than anything. I haven't made a post since early July, and this won't be much, but until I work out the picture thing, it will have to do.
This is a glorious morning. I put out a new hummingbird feeder, and before I came in to wash off my hands....there was a bird on the feeder! Who knew.....guess they just didn't like the old one. I have been fretting all summer over the seldom visits I have been having from my little friends.
The flowers are doing well. This is the year for flowering bushes like the Crepe Mrytle. The coneflowers and choleus have been my best bloomers (although Choleus is not known for it's spikey blooms). The tomato plants are NOT pretty, but the tomatoes are sure plentiful. The blackberries have produced a large amount, for the few vines I have. They have been big and sweet, although they are about gone now.
This has been a summer we won't forget. As Becky said in her blog, it was a day we knew would come, but dreaded all the same. However, how can you mourn (or dread?) the life and death of a saint? For sure and certain, daddy is in Heaven. I don't pray to him as there is one God, but I do "chat" with him most mornings. He was a strength greater than life, a man that led his family and church. Truly he will be missed by all and none more than mom & Kent. After living with one man for 64 years, you get quite accustomed to them being there. Please pray for them. Mom misses her sweetie and loved being daddy's baby. I was his baby girl.
Ummm..... I think he called me his baby girl! I believe he said I was the "apple of his eye".... more than once. ;)
ReplyDelete