My kids are blessed with the world's best dad....funny thing, I was too!
Tomorrow is a day that our family would not have thought we'd see. June 25th, our daddy's 90th birthday. As anyone close enough to my family knows, dad was diagnosed with cirosis of the liver last year; and, in December, Hospice came for the first time. They have been nothing short of amazing. They come several times a week to clean him up and care for him. That person's name is Debbie. Dad, mom & my brother Kent all love her. Diane is his nurse and they think the same of her. Anything dad needs...anything...they see to it. We are blown away. If Diane hears a funny "rattle", she watches it closely, then calls in a doctor when necessary. If Debbie sees the bed needs to be made, or whatever, she does it. If you ever have any thoughts about Hospice, I can sure give them a strong, positive recommendation. Debbie even brought dad a very nice birthday present (early). No words can express our gratitude.
Today, I met my friend for lunch then ordered dad's cake, and did a little shopping. Afterwards I went over to their house for a game of Rook. As always, mom & I take on my brother & dad. There is usually "no mercy" when we play, we play to win:) Saying that, I really don't care if I win or lose...really! This gives dad some "awake" time and, hopefully, helps him sleep better at night. Sad thing today....he took the bid. Called trump (trumps?) black, and played his Rook (we kid him by saying he "lives" with the Rook). Each of us played a black. Got around to dad, and he said "what did I call trumps....red or black?" We told him black and he was so confused. He kept looking like he wanted to change it, and that would have been fine with us...except I was holding the highest two reds plus two smaller ones. I was pretty sure he wanted to stick with black. Then he said "I think I'm getting too confused to play Rook anymore". This kind of thing has been happening lately more and more, but he still plays well and they win as many as we do. Today's game was their lead up to the end of the game when mom & I pulled it out. Well, it's very late and this sounds "rambling" and my back is hurting, but I wanted to make a post, since it's been a week or so. Please pray for our dear dad.
I wrote above about it being "late" and the time on our clock is 12:00 a.m. but the time listed on the blog entry is 8:34! Wonder how I can change the time on blog spot? The computer says 12:01 a.m. at this time as well???? Not to worry...just felt silly saying it was late and the time states 8:34!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun father's day! Does Clyde do any wood-cutting? I've been wanting a piece of wood cut out in the outline of a pineapple but don't know anyone with the right tools. Just thought I'd ask since he's pretty crafty himself! Thanks!
ReplyDelete