First t-ball game!




Last year Austin said many times "nana I'm a baseball boy".....now, his little dreams are coming true. Tonight was he and Matthew's first t-ball game. They play for the Mets, on a very young team. I believe there are only four returning players. Up to the plate first was Austin. He got a hit and got on base. Next bat, big hitter that overran Austin, as Austin stopped between 1st & 2nd. He ended up on 2nd with the other batter out. After another hit or two, Austin got to run in and made the first score of the season:) Matthew got to bat the second inning and got a hit. However, he hasn't got the hang of dropping his bat and running. He stands there...we're not sure why. He did this at practice yesterday, Becky said. Hopefully, as all this comes together, he will get it and go. However, the Mets lost by quite a bit (thankfully I forgot the score!) My mom (mamaw), Kent, Kimmie, Uncle Jason, joined me, Becky, Maggie & Jason K. at the game. Clyde had to work late and is still at work (9:00) so he missed the game:( Austin just called to talk to pap and I had to tell him he was still at work. The best thing the boys did was to be in position in the field. They had their hands on their knees and ran to back up the ball. Austin was paying close attention and that was a good thing for him. They both seemed to listen to the coach. I was proud!
No comments:
Post a Comment