I just remembered that this PC doesn't read my scandisk card...so, I will use the laptop to download a few photos. I do this mainly for Kimmie and Laurie but for anyone else who reads as well. I usually "tear up" when I see they have checked in for "news". However, they are GREAT at getting together with the kids when they all can manage it! Kim, if you see this, the gifts you all got them for Christmas were so "right". The hats and mittens are just right. The boots, guitars and all were great. They love the Lincoln Logs as well (not sure who all got what). Anyway, everything was perfect...the first day I went by to watch the boys while they took naps they both had on the blankets you gave them...on and on.
One last thought, last night we kept them while Becky & Jason went to the movies (it was their turn as I kept MJ on Sat. while the boys got to go to the movies and to Chucky Cheese')...anyway, when Becky came back she reminded Matthew what day it was and to tell Nana. He said "nana, it was one year today that I came to mommy's house from Tina's". He went on to say how happy he was that he did. Then, when I said to Becky "Matthew was a very good boy tonight" he looked at her and smiled the sweetest smile. I need to tell him that more, he responds so much better than to anything negative! Don't we all????
I can tell he is so much happier just by looking at his eyes. His eyes have told me alot since all this has happened. He is in a wonderful place right now and should be there permanently. You all have been wonderful and I thank all of you!!! Thank you Debbie for the posts and pictures, we love them. Take care, Laurie.
ReplyDeleteOkay more tears tonight… but tears of joy. Earlier after I got home from work I got to sit down and watch the video… so very, very precious, so many memories and joy, and of course tears but of gratitude and thankfulness. Becky and Jason’s love and compassion for Matthew bless us all. I now I must thank you Debbie for doing this for us. I so look forward to these blogs and even print out a lot of them to re-read again and again. They are very precious and I am thankful you want to and willingly take the time to make us a part of not only Matthew’s life but also Austin and Maggie’s as well. Like Matthew is to you, so they are to me and I look forward to a future time after foster parenting when I can share and enjoy and help with some of the babysitting for Jason and Becky to have nights out and some alone time that all couples need, especially those with small children. I'm pretty sure it goes without saying I'll have several helpers that will want to and are welcomed to stay and play too (yes, Brittany & James, I'm talking about you :) Per my email earlier today, Jon’s message from last week really seemed to speak to my heart and I immediately thought of Becky and Jason (I won’t repeat but you can see my comment on her blog). I could go on and on but for now a heartfelt thank you!
ReplyDeleteSincerely and with love, Kim