Wednesday, November 11, 2009


This has been a great Veteran's Day. I have loved seeing all the red, white and blue at Clays Mill. The 3rd grade had a program and invited the Veteran's to come and honored them. In my lab, I showed a video on how to say "thank you" in sign language and as each student left, they signed thank you to me, practicing for when they see a soldier. I made a card for my dad and one 3rd grade class all signed it along with me. I took this to dad with a little gift snack basket. He served in World War II in the Navy.

These days he is fighting his own private war just to get up in the morning without falling. To arm himself with a cane on very good days, a walker when he's a little more weak, and like today, he gets into his wheelchair for my brother to wheel him to the bathroom.
While most of us are comfortable in our own skin, he is cold. I turn up the electric wrap that he sits under 24/7 to high today until he gets warm. His hands are still cold. He doesn't drink much doctor told him this would cause him to retain fluid. He is in battle against too much fluid in his abdomen and then he has to get out to the hospital for this to be removed. It has been three weeks since he had the last six or so liters removed...due again in a week (less or more). This is my dad's own personal war. Keep fighting dad. You make us proud. Happy Veteran's Day.

This is today outside of dad's house.

1 comment:

  1. I am praying and will continue to pray for your Daddy! Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete