Sunday, August 16, 2009

Service in Love

In a blog entry this morning I wrote about our service this weekend on love. I wrote the verse in Galatians and today we experienced it full circle. First, this morning after Becky's family went to church, they went to Walmart and bought three toys. While there they saw a lady in a wheelchair and a man with his son went up to her and gave her a $50 gift card. They had more of them in their hand. After Walmart, Jason drove his family downtown to find children to give the toys to. They drove round and round looking for kids. Then they decided to go to Cardinal Valley where Becky spoke to the adults in Spanish very easily. They carried on a good conversation, and her children were able to find two boys and a little girl to give the new toys to. Then after we came home from the lake today, we went up to Sonics to get a burger. We pulled up and saw a young boy drinking a cold drink. I saw him look into his wallet, and when our waiter came up to bring our food, he told us the young boy had paid for our food. He rode off on his bike and we tried to thank him. We told our waiter he must have been from Southland and then we gave him the same amount our food would have cost us for his tip. He asked if we were like "paying it forward" and I told him something like that. Just passing on the love. Blessings everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!!! I copied it and sent it to Larry. A great concept in passing on the love!!!

    ReplyDelete