Sunday, August 16, 2009

Cumberland Lake

Since before Jason and Becky were born, 32 years, we have been boating with Chris and Susan Wiley. We have never owned a boat, just went along with them! Early years we would stay with Susan's parents in their mobile home and walked through the woods to a cove. From there we would be picked up by the boat and dropped off at the end of the day. We "dropped" a ski in the cove while trying to learn to slalom. We laid on floats there and floated around to cool off. We all skied and all learn to ski on one. Those were the days of youth and energy! Today was a different story. Clyde and I haven't skied for a long time (several years) and Clyde and I both came up our second try. He went a little longer than I, and I went a shorter distance than I have ever skied....not too much to brag about, but we did it! Chris and Sue still looked like pros!
The weather was great, the food on the boat good, and we met Joe's fiance' Stephanie. She is a doll and very nice. A very cute couple. I will post a few pictures of our day.
Thanks Chris and Sue for all the fun lake trips through the years! We love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment