This is the day "IT" came to Southland. So far this day has been special to me, because ALL my family was present! That is IT to me.....great service, good music, and a perfect weather day AGAIN! We just ate at Red Robin, good fellowship....and now I am quickly blogging some thoughts....and, of course, a few photos of lunch!
From the things I remember from Jon's sermon, "It" is a "radical commITment" to a radical power. A radical commITment to a radical new mission. We need to completely surender to IT. We need to serve ALL people; in Luke 4: 18-19 Jesus served poor people. Jesus invited people to join his family....He was radically inclusive....radical compassion and love.
We need a "new church"...like the 1st church in Acts 2. Jon said "if we live like everyone else, we will wind up like everyone else." "It" is the chance for us to start over, and get IT right.
For four weeks, we have placed yard signs out about "IT", we have had bumper stickers, and other stickers to place on things we own....for the next four weeks, we will hear the message God has placed on Jon's heart about "IT". I can't waIT for IT. One quick thought and I will think longer about my goals for me this school year; I want my behavior, my spirIT, just any action/reaction I have with my co-workers and the students I serve, I need to be more like Jesus. They need to see Jesus in me.
When I asked Matthew what he learned in church today, he said he learned to make good "choices". His mommy said we call it good "decisions" and he said he understood!
No comments:
Post a Comment