Friday, August 21, 2009

Fun Friday!

This bench was given to me by Jason Allen when I turned 50. It was the perfect gift. The first one he bought had wood on it and was better looking, but this one will withstand the rain. Today is one reason why I love working at school. Although the certified staff has to work today, the rest of us are off. So, I am loving checking out my bird population! I was blogging on the back porch when my battery went down and the electric outlet wasn't working (?) so I had to come in. I am sitting by the back window looking at the cardinals visiting. As soon as I step outside, they fly away! However, as usual the hummers just keep coming back over and again. I need to keep that feeder filled!
I am posting a few pictures from the front yard today. The impatients are all volunteer. I did not buy ONE plant this year. Wherever there is a bed of them, they came back from last year, and those came back from the year before, so on for all the years we've lived here. I did plant them the first year here, but every since they return all on their own.


No comments:

Post a Comment