I thank God for the summer. I realize that everyone is not off of work for a few months so I always try to consider that when I speak. Of course our paychecks quickly confirm the hours we do or don't work...in my case NO paycheck in the summer. However, I truly love sitting outside as I am now with no time commitments. Although this particular morning isn't "perfect" weather, it is enjoyable. I love listening to the waterfall as I blog. I just refilled the bird feeders, something I can't brag about doing....most of the time they are empty or Clyde fills them.
This day is cloudy and humid, but again I like sitting out for "alone time" with God and nature. I will post a few random shots I have but not too many. Becky and family are in Florida so I don't have the kids here to enjoy. I sure love having them. What a blessing God gave us "upper middle agers" at the time in life.
I am thankful that Jason Allen stays in touch and I believe he is happy with his job keeping him busy. We plan to see him tonight, so I look forward to that big hug. His birthday is very soon and I always thank God when my kids are able to enjoy another one. I have been doubly blessed.
This is a photo of dad and Frank Morgan. Frank is an amazing Christian gentleman. He is about the same age as dad and still goes out each Monday to visit friends. He stops by to see dad and mom treats him with a bowl of icecream or a sweet she has on hand. I have known this fine family for many years and consider them among the best memories I have of "growing" up at Eastland Church of God. It is where we were married, where we both were saved and Baptised and where I went to many youth events throughout my life. I will never be anything but thankful for the wonderful leaders there. Some have already gone to Heaven, many are still going to Eastland and enjoying their "golden" years.
I see the cardinals are coming to get that seed I just filled, so I will try to get a picture and be back to blogging later. Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment