Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Last Stop


The motel is the one Terry remodeled last Summer...AmericInn. I LOVED it!!!


This photo of Clyde is after we left the AmericInn and visited Redstone, Co. where Terry M. told us to go. It was a neat little one street town. The last blog was a picture of me beside a big waterfall...the same place. Hope all these words come out near the picture they were meant to!
















This blogging thing isn't as easy as it appears! My layouts are "lame" to say the least. The words are under the photos, the photos are crooked, and I can't seem to edit! Oh well...this is our last stop before heading home tomorrow morning. Today we spent the day starting out looking for a falls named Adams Falls...we hiked a short distance then got separated! So, we saw the water as it was coming down the mountain, but never made it to the actual falls! Next, we drove on into the Rocky Mountain National Park and drove up to over 12,000 feet. We saw so many elk we couldn't count them all. The day was cloudy and VERY cold. Up the mountains and to the top was about 45 degrees. We kept the top down on the way up, with our jackets on it wasn't too bad. Clyde likes to see out too and the top down helps a lot. Then, at the visitors center on the very top of the Rockies, we put the top up. We are out of the Rockies now and in the neatest looking town so far...Estes Park. We have a nice room in a very cool "Rocky" type motel and after this blog, we're heading into the town. From here, we're heading home. No more mountains! Just too many miles of flat land! See you all on Sunday...thanks for following our trip. I know it's not an Alaskan Cruise (that WE DO want to see) but it has been amazing. Love you all.












2 comments:

  1. I think you're blogging just fine! I'll show you how to delete out all the extra spaces and preview your blog before posting. Again the pictures are beautiful! Sounds like you've enjoyed all the little towns. I can't wait to hear all about it and see the rest of the pictures. Be safe. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, thank you so much for blogging your trip!! It has been so much fun following your journey! The pictures are wonderful!!!!! I can't believe you saw that many elk -- we saw very few! We tried to go back to CO but there were no openings. We will enjoy our trip to AZ though, I'm sure. I guess I'll have to try to set up a blog before we go -- you and/or Becky will have to show me how!!! Be careful on your journey home -- see you on Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete