Wednesday, June 17, 2009

We have met many nice people along our journey, this one is from Texas. She had boots to match each outfit. She showed me some green ones that were made of Stingray skin.
This Italian restaurant was recommended to us several times. It was worth the walk...and wait! I had a chicken dish with wine sauce (I think....it was red), with mushrooms & breaded eggplant. A salad and yummy bread...so reasonable and so good. I think the name is Sweet Basil....

This is Estes Park, Co., and I loved it best! Well, best for shopping/looking. Couldn't compare it to the mountains or canyons, but it was so fun.
Well, this is the end of my journaling this road trip. Clyde sure planned the best vacation for me. He was very good at any stop I wanted/needed, any browsing, just all around sweet. He kept me hydrated (Colorado air!) with ice tea, so you know we had many stops. Once I couldn't make it to the next port a potty, so I popped a squat. Clyde said he saw more than one "bare" that day. I wanted to end by saying how much I love and appreciate my family and friends. I honestly did not think one time of my flowers or the yard. Thank you Jason Allen for all the mowing!!!! We love you and appreciate your being so willing to do it. Thank you brother, Kent, for being so helpful and willing to water! Believe me...if anything died or didn't make it, I won't hold it against you...I figure the flowers have been watered more since I've been gone than I ever do with work! Thanks Becky, Austin, Matthew & Maggie for the watering! Thanks for your support on the blog and prayers. I love all you guys. To my friends who offered to water, Vickie & Michelle, I would have used you if the rain had not come. Kent could handle it, since God helped out so much. You guys are the best...this has been just an amazing trip and I did it without any worry or concern. Sisters, thanks for reading my blog and prayers on our behalf. I'll do the same for you when you go to Arizona and Alaska next! See you all on Sunday. Blessings.







3 comments:

  1. Pop a squat... TMI!! Maggie was sitting on my lap while reading this blog. When she saw pap she yelled, "PAP!" She reached for the screen and pinched her fingers together trying to reach him. Then, the picture of just you she said, "Nani." I think she really misses you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny! You are taking the trip that Glen and I have wanted to make for years, but never seem to be able to take 2 weeks vacation at one time to do it. Perhaps when he "retires" or at least slows down somewhat. It looks like you were able to go to lots of places and was a lot of fun. I know (from our tour last year) that moving every day is tiring, but it is rewarding too and we really enjoyed it. Have a safe trip home and we will see you Sunday. Love - Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if she could help me find the cream leather heeled boots I've been looking for to go with my cream suit?

    ReplyDelete