Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Go West Young/Not so Young Man

It's been two years since I've used this blog, so I am surprised my "account" hasn't been deleted!  I want to use it to journal our trip to Mount Rushmore and Yellowstone that begins tomorrow!  I want a media that is "user friendly" for paragraphs and adding photos.  So, I hope to use it.  Going to see how easy the pics are to download from my cell phone.  

So back on the road again, in the morning.  Clyde has truly spent hours upon hours working on this trip.  For the last couple of years, he had pondered over websites, brochures, his past times there to create a trip I will enjoy.  He, his brother and friends have traveled out west several times.  On his last motorcycle trip, he told his brother "when I get home I'm going to sell my motorcycle and buy another convertible so I can bring Debbie out west".  And he did.  First, about eight years ago, we went to the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Mesa Verde, on to Las Vegas and many places in-between.

We have put it on hold the past week due to hurricane Dorian.  It has been very powerful and devastated the Bahamas.  From there it was headed to Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas....for south Florida, we got high winds and water but Becky & Jason's home in Fort Pierce, and ours in Jensen Beach remained unharmed.  Very thankful.  God bless the people in the Bahamas. 

I will post now and hope to start some journaling along the road as I see many places out west that I have only read about.  I look forward to seeing more of God's creation!  God, take care of my son at work, protect him on the road. Thank you for Becky & Jason's house, for their safety.  Thank you for Rosemary taking care of Lillian & Lucas, be especially close to Maggie, Austin & Matthew (youngest to oldest:) as they head to school each day.  Go before them.  Let them always know nana's love.  Amen

Clubhouse before the hurricane. 
 Waters up on the dock near our house, to the sidewalk.  
 Jim Cantore, the Weather Channel, kept us informed as Dorian came into Florida.
 Met mom & Martha at my favorite "lunch" spot.
 This soup is the best...my opinion:) not sure it was the favorite around the table.  Ha!  
Last, but not least.  After work today, Clyde stopped by to give his mom a kiss and a hug.  So, now we are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment