Today, the original buildings are private residences, museums, restaurants, B & B's and more. The town of Amana was by far my favorite. We ate at the Ox Yoke Inn for lunch and stopped by the Christmas Market, a festive fun shop filled with trees & decorations and so much more.
Today was a "side trip" Clyde planned just for me. Tomorrow is the same. We left Amana, Iowa, for Omaha where we are going to a Botanical Garden. This was a nice break from the long drive to Mount Rushmore. The weather has been excellent.
From the sign above, and the pics below, we took with our camera. Since the iPhone, we have not had it out of the camera bag. Thought this trip warranted it's use!
This is "Lily Lake" and it's name is appropriate. A huge lake with a million lotus and lilies! So many, you can't see much water.
I told him if I wanted to use these photos, I need NOT to be in them. But yet I do want to use them! He liked the bed of zinnias and hostas....and obviously that lamp post.
This was a neat country store.
Time to put the laptop away and hit the hay. Another day is done and a new one will be here before I know it. Night!





No comments:
Post a Comment