Monday, September 9, 2019

Badlands and Wall Drug South Dakota

We got a good day in today.  Started by driving west from Murdo, SD, where we stayed overnight (Sat. night) our first stop was Badlands National Park.  Acreage is 244,000,  est. in 1939 as a National Monument and in 1978 redesigned as Badlands National Park.  It is VAST!  Many cool formations/rocks.   At one stop we saw a herd of Pronghorn Antelope.  They were up close to where we stood.  







Today is another day.  The photos/words above wouldn't "post" last night (late) when we got in the room.  The cells both connected to the internet, but not this laptop.  It's what I use to blog...keyboard!  So, we finished at the short night program at Rushmore.  It was not a success as fog set in and we couldn't see the monument. However, we were there earlier in the afternoon, so that was cool.  We will go back today.  

We will see Crazy Horse today...and so much more!  I'll post again this evening.  Weather is cool.  Crowds are low.  Cost at all motels are lower than all summer, which is nice.  Amazing sites.  I am in awe.













No comments:

Post a Comment