Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Liberty

Unless I go through all my past posts, I don't remember if I have blogged photos of our visits to mom.  Or exactly what all I have written before of her "new home".  I don't want to repeat, but she is on my mind more than most things these days.  

Maybe due to the fact Clyde and I will be spending this winter in Jensen. Or that she has been sick for a few days either with a virus or a real ugly reaction (which isn't likely) from her flu shot.  Just thinking of leaving she and Clyde's mom for a few months, when they are the age they are, just concerns me.  I, also, don't look forward to not seeing the four grandkids or my own kids for three months.  They change a lot, have many ball games, and family times we will miss out on.  However, we miss a lot of games when we are home, and they have gotten to the age when they don't come here as often as when they were small.  So......we'll manage!

If mom is able and Clyde's mom wants to, it is in our minds to have them fly down for a week in February, possibly.  Something we hope happens, not sure if it will.  Most likely not the same week, due to sleeping arrangements.  Who knows!

I called mom to check on her this afternoon and conversation turned to her siblings.  Today is one of her brother's birthday, which led her to tell me each of her siblings birthdays.  Mom is 88 and this was said without a breath.  She may have said them in birth order, but I was trying to write them down quickly and didn't get them in order!

Elmer-Sept. 30, Ed-Sept. 14, Shird-Jan. 8, Maud-April 20, Ella-July 7, Twins Ora & Ira-Feb. 12, Gertrude (my favorite aunt) Nov. 5, Ernest (lived with granny until she passed) Oct. 17,  Minnie-Aug. 17, Bob (he was the last sibling to pass, a couple of years ago)-Sept. 12 and mother, will turn 89 Dec. 9th.  She has one sister die, in a fire I believe, but she couldn't remember where she came in the birth order.

She is pretty sharp!  Here are some pictures of our visits and some of mom's activities and friends.  

 She give Lucas $1 most visits.  She likes Wendy's frosty's.
 Luke looking at his BFF, Sarah.  She is so good as she works there with the residents and the babies love her as well.

 Sarah polishes their nails on Thursday at 3.
 This lady has a dog and sits at mom's table for meals.  Her name is Joy.  She is a good friend for mom to talk to.
On the left is A.J. he has the small dog, Tucker.  In the chair is Barkley, he likes sweets, and I try to bring him some! 
 On their way to the dining room for the Luau.
 Mom likes to play bingo.  You earn "bucks" for the auction where you can "buy" supplies/food/sweets/treats.
 Mom doesn't go out to sit, that I am aware, very often although I wish she would.  They have several nice patio's off the dining room and these benches out front.  
One day after lunch, the girls went with me to visit mom.  Wasn't that sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment