Clyde has been working over time lately, going to work at six and getting off later than normal. So, today he took off. It was not a pretty day for a ride, and started to sprinkle, but never did rain. We put the top back down for our ride home.
Today's destination, Wyonnette's Restaurant in Harrodsburg. Very small place. Opens for breakfast and lunch 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. M-Th and on Friday 6 to 8 p.m. Sat. 7 a.m.-11 a.m. and not open Sunday.
The meal was too big for lunch, if I plan to eat supper! I was afraid it might be, so fruit was for breakfast. He seems to find these home cooked, inexpensive places. You could choose between three meats (choose one) and choose three vegetables. Each plate meal is $5.00. The desserts are $1.00 each.
After lunch he drove me over to Fort Harrod. On Fridays, you can bring your lunch (we could have gotten ours to go, but not the best weather) and today the entertainment for "lunch in the park" was a very good magician. He also played the banjo.
The kids would have LOVED climbing this tree. Especially Matthew. They may get to when they came here for a field trip to Fort Harrod. I hope so!
For many years when I was growing up, we had a Davis family reunion here at Fort Harrod. This pavilion is where we met. Granny's birthday is Aug. 11th, so we would meet then and all the aunts, uncles and cousins would come. Good memories. Loved these hot, very hot, reunions of good food. Todays lunch was a reminder of our food way back then!
This is an "odd" picture of someone's house! My favorite aunt was my mom's sister, Aunt Gertrude. She and Uncle Orville moved to Lake Harrington many years ago and built, what I remember as, a very nice house! It had a big porch across the back with a big fireplace inside. Best of all, it overlooked the lake and I spent several hot summer days sitting on their dock. Back to the house above, I thought I could spot theirs. I couldn't. This was one that might have been. The address (of this house) is 624 Norman's Camp Rd.
I titled this blog post "Spring Adventures" so I will post a few pictures here that I have, most likely, posted on FB. I use to use this media as my journalling....before FaceBook!
Watching Maggie play her last year of tee-baseball was a BIG spring fun thing. She was such a good player, she hustled, never gave up and when she missed, she still smiled. She hit the ball to the field most all at bats. She missed a few too!
This is a picture after PLD baseball camp. They really liked going. Matthew was on his second year of the Minor league playing for the Tigers. He had a very good year, playing 2nd base. We didn't get to enough of his (LONG) games. Austin played for the Pirates (Major league) and as a 9 year old, didn't play much. He was also on a Jr. Major team, the Bats.
Visiting mom at her new place, Liberty Ridge. I don't go as much as I use to visit she, dad and Kent at their home on Lamont. It was so handy to my route home after school (work) so I went by two to three times every week....for many years.
Lucas and Pilgrim playing at the Library. Lucas loved the bubbles and Pilgrim loved watering the flowers and the train table.
My next post will be of the yard, this blog is called "Lantern's Garden" (my hubs named it, so I need to post flowers!)
If you read this, thanks! I post for my own memory, but like to share it with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment