Tonight we had them, the boys came in and are watching football with pap. MJ was the only one that read a story with nana. Now, I didn't ask the boys, as I don't make them choose (yes, I know I would lose:) but time is changing them. In a good way, as they are growing. Making choices, deciding which kids are "good" and which are making poor choices. I know they don't always make the wisest decisions. They are kids. They are good. I love them lots. I have faith they will make good friends, as they have so far.
Becky & Jason have gone to the Garth Brooks concert with his sister Amy & her boyfriend, Jason (yes, three Jason's:) we have the kiddos overnight and taking them to church in the morning. I hear pap and Austin finishing the Auburn game just now. They have such good conversations as they watch....I can tell Austin knows so much about sports in general. He is able to talk about baseball, basketball, football (which is his favorite, although he has not played on a "team"). Matthew didn't make it through the game, he plays hard and then goes to sleep in a hurry. Both boys are nine now and Maggie, six. Lucas will be one in a week.
I titled this post, Changes. As fall turns into winter, Clyde and I will be leaving for Florida in January. This is new for us to take a month and head south. He is still working, so he will be taking time off work. I keep Lukie boy two days a week and go to BSF one morning a week. I go see mom a few times a week. She will be 88 when we leave and Lucas will be growing like a weed. The kids will be playing basketball and we will be far away. They won't miss us like they did when they were little...we were with them more often and they were not so busy. Again, this is OK. I know they will miss us but they will be fine. We will miss them most.
Here are some photos from fall. Most have been posted on Facebook already, but I like journaling them here.
Before she left for the concert, I took this pic of daddy and his girl.
She is a daddy's girl.
The boys watched football with pap, and MJ and I read a bedtime story. Don't blink....pap cherishes the times he watches sports with Austin (Matthew will be asleep in a minute, while Austin is awake until the end of any game) but I used to have three listening to a story at bedtime.
Another big change in our Baker family, Sarah & Jon are moving to Seattle on Nov. 9th. This is a breakfast with granny to say goodbye for now. They won't be coming home for the holidays.
Lucas and nana handing out candy at our "no camping" weekend at the Horse Park campground. We sold the RV in August, but Becky and Jason had the site from last year (you have to secure it for Halloween the year before). So, the kids, nana & pap came for trick or treating, while Jason & Rosemary and Becky & Jason went to the UK ballgame.
I love the picture above & below this. These are wooden block shapes that we gave Jason Allen when he was a toddler. He played with them, Becky played with them then Austin & Maggie played with them....as well as Matthew. Now Lucas plays with them.
One of our favorite pastimes is playing at the mall. Today, he climbed up on this white play bench all be himself.
At the Horse Park, he was a pumpkin. On Halloween night, giving out candy, he was a race car driver. His first trick or treat. He is a treat.
Above (Matthew is a shadow) we visited mamaw and Uncle Kent on Halloween.
This is a good picture of Matthew and his first grandpa, Kent. Kent loves it when Matthew sits with him and talks to him. He also comes to see Matthew play baseball.


No comments:
Post a Comment