Friday, March 28, 2014

South Bound and Down

Second day, more driving!  We don't need to get to our resort too early on Friday (today), plus we love a stop over in Savannah, so that's how we roll.  If it works out with timing, we stop there for lunch.  There is a "dive" looking place down on the River Walk named "Warehouse" and for $8.00 we get 1/2 lb. angus burger and hand cut fries.  Mostly, we go for the candy stores that give out good samples.  This is a chance to get out of the car and walk a ways and stretch our legs.  Then we have about 4 hours (less) to get on to the beach.  Makes our trip a lot longer to stop, but we think it's worth it.
I will post pics tonight when we get back from supper.  Then we will watch the Cats and hope for a victory over the Louisville Cards.  Go Cats!!!

We got to the beach about 5:00, after our afternoon in Savannah.  It was cloudy and windy, but warmish.  Unpacked the car, the suitcases, and took off for dinner at our "go to" place, Stavros.  They have the biggest portions at a very reasonable price.  We started eating there many years ago, when our resort offered a small (10% I believe) discount to eat there (I guess the restaurant offered it to our resort, not the other way).  Clyde and I share the large, Greek, salad and the entree....spaghetti (sometimes we get meatballs, sometimes not).  We bring home the leftovers.

This is always such a welcome sign....a long drive.


Almost there!

 I believe I may have over packed?
 Our Greek salad & breadstick.....love in every bite.
This spaghetti is for one.  Clyde and I share it and bring home the rest.  Too big!  Cost is $10.  


No comments:

Post a Comment