I am sitting in the lobby of Toyota on Nicholasville getting an oil change. They treat you well, with complementary popcorn, nice seating area, wi-fi for my laptop:), and a nice large screen TV. So, I'm all set...although I would rather be mowing. I got up, mowed the front, got cleaned up:) and will finish in awhile.
My job, well that's a loaded subject. My kids attended Clays Mill so that is where I wanted to be. First, as a homeroom mother, where other mom's like Laura Siever, opened their arms wide and we fit right in. Then, after a few years, the Computer Lab was opening and my principal, Barbara Albaugh, offered me a job. That changed the course of my life and it was a road I am glad to have traveled. I learned about computers, and started working there in 1986. In 1990, Fayette County took over the contract and I started working for FCPS. I stayed with CME until this June 1st! I am ready for retirement, and don't really have any plans. I don't want them at this time. I have had a few people ask me to join this or work there, but nothing has "panned" out, and that's OK (for now:)
My co-workers have made retiring so fun. When walking in the door daily, Carol S. would say "10 more days"...."1 more Monday", etc. Fun. Others (Valerie M.) would walk by the window in the lab and hold up her fingers to count down. Others have given me numerous hugs, high fives, and notes. I even got some pretty great gifts (which I did not expect!!!) The one from our EOY party, is a Adirondack chair for my yard! It is brown and comfy, sitting right in front of my fire pit! It's low to the ground which makes it perfect for roasting smores! We had a perfect weather day, third year to have it in our backyard, and we had a good turn out (whew!!) They brought in City Barbecue, and everyone brought a dish. Lots of food! Lots of desserts, salads and sides. Yummy....CME are good cooks!
The social committee and my friends got together and wrote words to a song and sang it for our entertainment. Even my brother loved it (I showed him a little clip) and thought the girls did a very good job! For Joyce T. that also retired, her resource team gave a very cute skit that was equally entertaining. Loved the evening! Enjoyed every minute.
I will miss the students. I got lots of cards & notes they wrote for me. During the years, I have been touched many, many times. It's been said and it's true, I received much more than I gave. I do feel good in the technology they have been exposed to and feel very comfortable doing. They learned Word, saving to a file, printing, and many skills using it. They know Power Point inside and out (3rd, 4th & 5th). They all have used Publisher for making signs, brochures and more. They know the internet and how to research just about anything (watch out parents!) This will keep going and go even further! They are in VERY good hands.
Well, I will stop now....love my job, love the years there, and will love the years to come!!
They know me so well! Can't have too many flowers. Betty, Vicki, me and my longest girlfriend at CME, Joyce. Love them!!!! So happy they came to "see me off".
Loved having the "next generation" of guests at our party! This is baby Mia and mom, Maria.
This is baby Josie, Meg's baby (our Art teacher). Holding her is Cathy P. who, by the way, was awesome with all the babies! She was a great "holder" to give mom's a break to eat. Actually, she just wanted to love on those babes. Just like she does her babies at CME. She always gives the hugs and shows the love!
This is baby Bella, her mom is April. She and I worked in rooms that were close and we became fast friends. Although I am the age of her mom, she didn't make me feel like her mother. She has a wonderful one already, so I was her friend. Each baby was so good and beautiful!
My good friends met after school and Cindy V. changed the words (with help from others) to a song. It fit me perfectly and it meant the world to me! What a precious, thoughtful group of ladies. LOVE.
When Beth C. became Librarian (media) she was my next door co-worker. She is a Class A person. Just in every way...the clothes, work ethic, children, home, job....friend. You will never find a better one.
This is the chair my faculty gave to me. It was over our budget, but they like to give a gift to Clyde and I for hosting (which I forget they do, and it is NOT necessary)....so this was "tied in to one" big gift! Thanks!!! Loved it so much, we ordered one for Clyde for Father's Day!
This is baby Josie, Meg's baby (our Art teacher). Holding her is Cathy P. who, by the way, was awesome with all the babies! She was a great "holder" to give mom's a break to eat. Actually, she just wanted to love on those babes. Just like she does her babies at CME. She always gives the hugs and shows the love!
This is baby Bella, her mom is April. She and I worked in rooms that were close and we became fast friends. Although I am the age of her mom, she didn't make me feel like her mother. She has a wonderful one already, so I was her friend. Each baby was so good and beautiful!
My good friends met after school and Cindy V. changed the words (with help from others) to a song. It fit me perfectly and it meant the world to me! What a precious, thoughtful group of ladies. LOVE.
When Beth C. became Librarian (media) she was my next door co-worker. She is a Class A person. Just in every way...the clothes, work ethic, children, home, job....friend. You will never find a better one.
This is the chair my faculty gave to me. It was over our budget, but they like to give a gift to Clyde and I for hosting (which I forget they do, and it is NOT necessary)....so this was "tied in to one" big gift! Thanks!!! Loved it so much, we ordered one for Clyde for Father's Day!
I know I'm really going to miss you next year, but I'm so glad you chose to retire now, while you're still young enough to enjoy it!! I will be keeping in touch with you here so I can keep up with you and my young heroine--and in fact all of your family. They make me smile!!
ReplyDeleteMiz J
Thanks for the comment Miz J and for all the love and support you have given me, Becky, Matthew & kids through the years. Really, you've been there and understand many things. You were easy to talk to!
ReplyDelete