Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

This will be one Thanksgivng we will remember.  With having three days off work (for me), and having two personal days not accounted for, made the wheels in Clyde's mind start turning.  He got busy on the phone trying to get a "last call" week for us in Florida.  You can wait and call two weeks out and if there is a room not taken, you can get it....cheap.  So, that is a good reason to own a time share (for us, at least).  We come to the same area each year, and we bought it for next to nothing at the time of purchase.  The maintenance fee is the biggest expense, but ours is much cheaper than renting a condo for a week.  So, we are happy with owning at the Islander in New Smyrna.  Now, because it's a popular place to go, there are rarely "extra" weeks, but we go through Horizon and buy the week at another resort.  This is a new one for us, in Daytona Shores (south of Daytona).  We are at the Tropic Shores this week and really love the resort, the common areas, and the room is nice.  Very clean, everything looks new. 

So, off we went after school on Friday.  We will stay here until Sat. morning and hit the road for home.  The "down" side is that we missed the Baker Thanksgiving.  We hated that, but know we will see everyone at Christmas.  The Baker's get together for both holidays and we appreciate that.  Yesterday was their big feast at the Hiles.  Aunt Martha is their closest "next of kin" so we know they were loved and felt no loss that mom & dad were missing!  They had beautiful weather and Becky said the kids ate outside! 

Here are a few pics of our week so far.
This is the 6th floor of our resort, it's called the sun deck.  The back of the resort is shaded early this time of year.  I would NOT like that if I were here at spring break.  The beach would be the spot for sunning, or here on the sun deck. 
 
Walking in the front door.  Behind this pic is the bathroom & bedroom.  I like the sink looking out the window and you can see the ocean, sand & waves very easily.  This is from the 3rd floor.
Nice, clean all new looking kitchen.  We asked if the condo had just been remodeled.  The people at the front desk said no, they just keep the furniture changed as necessary (or something like that).
The window looks out to the hall near the elevator (but the elevator is enclosed by a glass door, so no sound).  The window mirror is just an accessory but cool.
Walked into White Chapel church of God and saw Brenda Birch, pastor Steve's wife.  They came to Eastland when dad was on the pulpit committee and mom & dad were close to them.  Brenda was in the Women of the Church of God and mom mentions often how super sweet she is.  They have pastored here for four years.  His son, Brent, team preaches with Steve and actually was in the pulpit yesterday.
 
This is at a restaurant called North Turn.  Many pictures, cars, racing memorabilia all over. Looked like a bar/grill where everyone comes to watch football.

More North Turn inside.
Back to the condo.  Two of the common areas downstairs.
 
We enjoyed a very nice bike ride on Sunday.  We got a package deal for $21 that includes bikes, chairs, umbrellas and anything else we need to use for the week.
 
To wind this up, I have been excited to see Thanksgiving & some Christmas decorations up at the beach.  We are never here at this time of year, so pretty neat for me.  I want to wish my family & friends a blessed holiday.  Everyone has been posting what they are thankful for each day of the month in November.  For now, I just want to say I am blessed beyond what I deserve and would not change my life with anyone for anything.  I know I don't have many earthly riches, or sure don't have a body anyone would want, but those are things that just don't matter to me.  I am content with who I am and what I have, but more importantly, I do not deserve the gift from my Father in Heaven.  Forgiveness, grace and above all his love for me.  Thank you God.

No comments:

Post a Comment