Thursday, November 22, 2012

Jason

As this day of giving thanks is coming quickly to a close, I want to say how thankful I am for Jason.  It is said you always are close to your first born.  I was determined to stay that way with my first and second born children.  I didn't want to favor one over the other, they are both very different.  They both have their own personalities, strengths, likes and dislikes.  The name "Jason" means "a friend to all" and some versions say "healer".  This stands to reason as he is a people person.  One who likes people and to please people.  If I were adding a meaning to the name "Jason", I might add "private" or "quiet"....a gentle "man". 

Saying that definition, this post will be just the things I find to thank God for in Jason.  He doesn't "do" FB or any other social network, and there is a reason for it! 

From the time he was young, he has been good with children.  He pays attention to them, and talks to them.  This picture says it best, the look of adoration on Austin's face.  Both boys run to see him and give him hugs as he lifts them high in the air.  Now, sadly they are getting too big for much lifting!

I love how he not only cares for children, he is the one that shows love to the grown ups in our family.  Starting with Becky, he has always been proud of her accomplishments.  He puts her up on a pedestal for sure, and is one of her biggest fans.  He makes the calls to keep in touch or plan a family dinner (for the most part).  Actually, he may not make the plans, but he starts the ball rolling and Becky picks it up!  He loves granny and mamaw and thought the world of papaw.  He makes sure, if they haven't called, he calls them once in awhile.  Not big on visits (ha), he does make sure he sees them either at a family gathering or a personal visit to their home. 

I am thankful how Jason appreciates Clyde and I.  Anything we do for him, the normal things all parents do to support their kids, he always goes the extra mile to say thanks and how thankful he is for us.  At times, he has put us up on said pedestal and I tell him quickly we are very human. We are far from perfect (SO far) and our relationship is good only by the grace of God.  To Him we give the glory and honor.

I could go on about his relationships with the adults in his life.  Like Aunt Martha, Uncle Harley, his girlfriend Rosemary and others.  He is thoughtful and considerate to each one of us.  Growing up he knew I loved the word "considerate" and that I tried to instill this in our family.  In art class at school, he used that word to make a very creative drawing.   

These are a few of the things I thank God for regarding Jason.  More than anything above, I am thankful he believes in God.  Through the years, when he saw a friend in need, someone lost a loved one or a friend was sick, he would call and ask me to pray.  He believes in prayer and a God above that is here below and listens to our requests.  That loves us unconditionally, the way I love Jason. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment