This was taken recently, September 2012. The pond has been pretty maintenance free this summer and we haven't had enough cover on the top. However, despite that, it has been clear and the fish are thriving. We haven't fed them at all and one or two lilies are doing well. One lily has had large flowers.
These pots along the front side of the patio have done well. The Rice's have had very good luck with the Angel Wing Begonias so I have had them the last couple of years. I love them. The foliage is large and dark green with the flowers very dark pink. They need a little shade or protection but I have put some around the pond waterfall without shade.
The yellow is a large mum that returns each year and gets to "leggy" to be controlled, I just let it fall.
Most pots have impatients that are volunteer and I just place them in pots on an "as needed" basis.
This was taken today, Sept. 24th, of the hanging basket tree. The open place in the front is where the basket above on the table was....I didn't want the frost to get it. The others are mostly a green sweet potato vine and a purple one on the backside.
Well, the battery is dying so I will post this. Not much here, but these are a few pics from the yard. Late summer....have loved the flowers this year. They have done pretty well. I have enjoyed being out back!
No comments:
Post a Comment